Saturday, March 7, 2009

Sister of the Year



When I came home on Wednesday, I was wearing a beautiful necklace that I received as Utah Young Mother of the Year. Ginny really wanted to wear it, but I wouldn't let her. I let her sit on my lap and look at it with me, though. When I was tucking her in for bed, she said that when we get a baby, she will be sister of the year, and she will get a necklace. I promised her that when she becomes a sister, I will give her a necklace.
A few weeks ago, she came out of her room telling me she had just been talking to Jesus. When I asked what she had been talking about, she said she had been asking for a little baby for our family. When asked what Jesus said, she said "He said, Someday". I hugged her and told her that's usually what He tells me too.

Doesn't that just break your heart? I want her to be able to be a big sister someday.

4 comments:

Rachelle said...

That really is sweet. What a precious little girl.

Katie said...

That story melts my heart!

Lauri said...

That is very tender, thanks for sharing it.

Kobe Family said...

I just love it when that sweet spirit of theirs comes out and they say the most profound things in their own little way!