Monday, April 14, 2008

7 Hours



It is 1:30 PM and I wanted to share what I have been doing all morning since it's a pretty typical day.

6:30-8:30- Went to the closest "Curves" gym to workout. Ginny woke up at 7:45. We snuggled for a while, then she had breakfast while I made Matt's lunch. We did get family prayer in, but not family scripture study before Matt left for work.

8:30-10:00- Played downstairs with Ginny's "Moon Sand"- a moldable sand that she has been playing with this weekend. It is a blue sand that sticks together well so you can mold it into shapes. It also gets all over everything-especially carpets! We also danced and played "cooking" with her stuffed animals. Whenever I sit down for a rest, she gives me about 30 seconds, then "Come on, Mom, Come on. Play with me".

10:00-1:00- Worked outside trying to prune our rose bush. Ginny was right next to me, trying to clip with the little clippers that I gave her, and saying "My turn". We came in for a brief lunch, then went outside again while she played with a new water wheel toy. She started pouring the water into the toy to watch the wheel turn, then ended up just pouring water onto the garden. I love to watch her discover and learn new things. She also helped me plant some flowers and water them, with lots of water and lots of love. We set up her little yellow swing and she swang for a while. We came inside, played Memory for one game. "Memory" with a 3-year old is turning over one card, then peeking at all the other cards until she finds a match. Then much weeping and wailing when I announced it was nap time. The weeping and wailing lasted for about 1 minute once she got in bed, then all was silent. Phew! I have about an hour and a half to do laundry (or type on the computer instead : >) then start all over again.
I love playing with Ginny and want to be better at treasuring these moments with her. I love her so much.

4 comments:

Karli said...

Wow Danielle! She is a busy little girl! She is lucky to have such a fun mommy that will play with her!

Anna said...

ha ha. what a busy girl! i love the picture of matt and ginny with her 'hat' that matches her sweater so well!

Sue said...

I love to see you guys! This is so fun. The only problem is that I am spending too much time on my blog and checking everybody else's blogs!

Zach said...

I can't believe how grown up Ginny is looking. I really miss you guys and wish we could be there to introduce you all to Henry.